[texbirds] Painted Bunting

  • From: lmj6464@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:00:27 -0500 (EST)

Dear Texbirders,

Late this morning Judith discovered an immature female Painted Bunting in a big
cape honeysuckle bush in our backyard.

This is the first one I have seen in the winter.  There have been two reported
on the Corpus Christi CBC, one in 1967 and one in 1997.  I haven't been able to
get into the NAS CBC site to check on other CBC's.

Larry Jordan
Corpus Christi