[texbirds] Pacific Loon Lake Fork Wood Co,

  • From: RDKRSH@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 16:12:13 -0500 (EST)

The Temprature in the tiny town of Yantis showed 24 this  AM.  I did a
drive around Lake Fork birding.  Overall it was fairly  slow.  I did Find 1
Pacific Loon with a Common Loon on FM288 which Leads to  the Sabine River
Authority Headquarters.  The bird was in a cove with a  Common Loon and some
Mallards.  The bird was not diving and stayed up a  long time. Saw this bird
around Noon.  There was an adult Bald Eagle here  harassing another bird
that I thought was a Red-tail.  I did have 2 other  Common Loons on FM 17.
Lake Fork is Very low and the Bridge over TX  Highway 19 had very Little
water in it.
Good Birding Everyone
Richard  Kinney
Edgewood, TX