[texbirds] Mystery warbler at SPI

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 20:55:30 -0500 (EST)

Today I found a good warbler for this late in the season at the convention
center at South Padres Island.  Can you identify it?

http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/antshrike/media/SPI11-24-13IMG_4028_zps803e1118.jpg.html

Other birds on SPI included Yellow-rumped and Wilson's Warblers, American
Redstart, and Gray Catbird.  I was hoping for sparrows but saw none.  Two stops
for the Amazon Kingfisher were not productive.  No one I spoke to had seen it.

Dan Jones, Weslaco