[texbirds] More MacGillivray's Madness

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 19:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings All:
I headed on out to Lake Six this evening - in hopes of chasing down the Dusky
Flycatcher and the Chestnut-sided Warbler seen earlier in the day by Cameron
Carver.

In the woodlands along the cemetery side of the lake - just above the spillway
- I encountered the following highlights: 1 Western Wood Pewee, 1 unidentified
empid, 2 Willow Flycatchers, 1 Least Flycatcher, 1 Dusky Flycatcher (pending
review of photographs), 1 Cordilleran Flycatcher, 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 2
Hermit Thrushes, 1 Nashville Warbler, 7 MacGillivray's Warblers, 2 Yellow
Warblers, 1 male Hooded Warbler, and 9 Wilson's Warblers.  Cameron came out to
look for the Hooded Warbler but dipped and attempted to relocate the
Chestnut-sided Warbler for me.  Even with Cameron's help I ended up dipping on
the Chestnut-sided Warbler.

In the riparian area and mesquite uplands below Lake Six I lucked into the
following highlights: 1 Great Egret, 1 Hermit Thrush, 2 Nashville Warblers, 8
MacGillivray's Warblers, 1 Yellow Warbler, 6 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 7 Wilson's
Warblers, 2 male Western Tanagers, 1 female Lazuli Bunting.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock