[texbirds] late Blue-winged Warbler in Houston

  • From: C-T Lee <cintylee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 21:33:39 -0500

Hi there,
nothing rare... but this morning and afternoon, there was a male
Blue-winged Warbler at Hermann Park-Bayou Parkland (along Almeda) just east
of the medical center.
on another note, I quite like Texbirds and see no reason why rare birds
shouldn't continue to be reported on texbirds (when I have found anything
unusual, I have always and will always report exclusively to texbirds,
never facebook). The cited negative was that rare bird sightings on
texbirds were being diluted by reports of not-so-rare birds or bird
biology.  This actually doesn't bother me too much. In fact, I have
probably learned more about Texas ornithology from these reports than from
reports of rare birds.  I have no time to track all the different venues
(like facebook) unless they are compiled on birding.aba.org (maybe that's
the solution).

best
C-T Lee
Houston