[texbirds] Re: Monk Parakeets

  • From: Laurie Foss <lauriefoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 19:15:50 -0600

On the 2014 Austin CBC we counted 363 individuals within the count circle.
In 2013 we counted 238, so either they have moved significantly into the
count circle, or their numbers are increasing. There has not been another
jump similar to that ever since we've been encountering them on the count,
which was in 1981 when 3 individuals were counted. They have increased very
gradually since then.
Laurie Foss
Austin

Laurie Foss