[texbirds] Migration at Laguna Atascosa

  • From: Laguna Atascosa <laguna.atascosa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 13:34:27 -0500

Hello fellow Texbirders!
I just wanted to update you all that fall migration has begun at Laguna
Atascosa. We saw our first Yellow Warbler yesterday!  Some more
warbler-sized yellow birds were seen around dusk on our Bayside Drive but
it was a little too dark to identify them.  We're excited to see what this
season will bring us and we hope you will join us to share in the
spectacle!

We also want to let you know that the annual Texas Nature Challenge is well
underway.  It's a great way to reconnect your family with nature by
competing in nature themed challenges.  All you have to do is create a
journal of your Texas Nature Challenge experience and turn it into Laguna
Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge near Laguna Vista or Santa Ana National
Wildlife Refuge near Alamo by November 2.  Then come out to the Awards
Ceremony at the Halingen Birding Festival at 10 am to see if your journal
won any prizes.  We'd absolutely love to see you there!

Have a wonderful day!

Marysa Milinichik
Visitor Services Intern
Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge

--
www.friendsofsouthtexasrefuges.org