[texbirds] Migrants Hamilton and Erath Counties

  • From: "Lamont Brown" <lamont@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 20:53:29 -0500

On Monday I made a trip to Hamilton General Hospital to visit a terminally
ill relative.  Outside her first-floor window at Hamilton General Hospital
was a nice flower garden, with cylinder water fountains and several nice
trees.

Best Birds at this location: Warblers, Mourning, Canada and Yellow;
Clay-colored sparrow to the water; Hummingbirds, Ruby-throated and
Black-chinned and an entertaining Bewick's Wren dancing on the lower edge of
the window casing.  Elsewhere in Hamilton county on Hwy 281 toward
Stephenville, I had 2 Yellow-headed Blackbirds at the "live" livestock
auction facility; a Hermit Thrush at a picnic area and a small kettle of
Broad-winged Hawks at the Hamilton-Erath county line.

Erath County best birds, in addition to the BWHA, 2 Crested Caracara and
Wild Turkey.

The garden and water feature at the Hamilton General Hospital is one I'll
make a note of  to check when in town.  However be aware the hospital often
has its most serious, often terminal patients in the rooms closest to the
gardens.  Be mindful and position oneself so as to not be pointing bins at
hospital room windows.

Lamont Brown
Denton and Harlingen