[texbirds] Male Black-throated Blue Warbler Boy Scout Woods 5/6/13

  • From: DHanson139@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 16:34:42 -0400 (EDT)

We left Boy Scout Woods in High Island at 1:30 today and a male
Black-throated Blue Warbler was still being seen near the bleachers in front of
 the
main drip. The bird first showed up around 11 AM and left and returned
several times. It was not at the drip but actually in the mulberry trees and
surrounding brush. I saw hima couple of times pecking at mulberries I would
guess getting insects out of them. Thnere were a few other nice birds around
as  well See the list below.

pictures here.
http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQ
B#!i=2497032827&k=DbCMxcB