[texbirds] Re. shorebirding Cameron Co.:Progreso sod fields are in Hidalgo Co., NOT Cameron Co.

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 17:08:31 -0500

I just wanted to note a geographic error in the message I sent yesterday
evening about shorebirding in Cameron County: The Progreso sod fields are
NOT in Cameron Co., but in Hidalgo Co.  I know that very well. My tiredness
after a long day of birding and my focus on shorebirding, rather than on
geography, got the best of my writing (including of my spelling, i.e., in my
spelling "Progreso" incorrectly as "Progresso"). My apologies!

Rex Stanford
McAllen, TX