[texbirds] Magnolia Warbler - Lake Creek Trail (Williamson County)

  • From: Ed Fair <ezflaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:42:53 -0500

Andy and Ellen Filtness and I had a male Magnolia Warbler in breeding plumage
at the far northwest end of Lake Creek Trail in southern Williamson County.
The bird was consistently singing for the 4-5 minutes that we tracked it.

This would be the eighth June eBird report for the species in Texas. There are
three previous central Texas June reports (two at Warbler Woods and one on the
Texas A&M Campus in College Station). This Williamson County sighting would be
the latest in June of the central Texas reports.

Ed Fair
Austin Lake Estates