[texbirds] Richland Creek WMA Closed Due to Flooding

  • From: D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 21:30:19 -0500

For those interested, both the north and south units are closed due to
flooding. We drove by the north unit entrance two weeks ago. The was water
over the road, but it was not too bad.
Today we drove by there and the entrance and as far as you can see are
under water. TPWD recently installed a kiosk near the entrance. Water is up
to 3 feet on the kiosk.

Water is still being released from Richland Creek Resevoir at the spillway
off of FM488, so everything south and east of the spillway is flooded.

May be quite some time before it reopens.

D D Currie