[texbirds] Lubbock Highlights - Today

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <terrverts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 09:36:50 -0800 (PST)

Greetings All:
I spent 90 minutes at Clapp Park this morning, tallying 27 species of bird -
with no highlights whatsoever despite good water levels and some still lush
vegetation.

I spent 15 minutes at Leftwich Park, tallying 19 species including 1 Snow
Goose, 2 Ross's Geese, and 6 Greater Yellowlegs.  One of the yellowlegs is,
technically, a yellowleg ... but is hopping about well enough to evade the
inevitable (at our parks) dog harassment.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock