[texbirds] Love Creek CBC, Dec 17 - Bandera County

  • From: "Martin Hagne" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "martinhagne" for DMARC)
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:31:16 -0600

The Love Creek Christmas Bird Count in Bandera County is set for Thursday,
December 17, 2015
Last year’s count was the counts second time and it was a success as we again
broke 100 species and found some really great birds! We hope everyone involved
will sign up to count again. We had about 25 private ranch properties open
their gates last year, and are working to recruit even more this year. As we
expand our coverage area, additional team leaders and counters are needed to
survey these new ranches. We may be making a few adjustments on leader
placement as we gain access to new properties, but we are going to try and
place team leaders from last year on the same properties to facilitate
familiarity with the sites as we continue this event into the future.

This CBC is a pretty long with some strenuous terrain, often away from any
improvements. We meet at 7pm and start at around sunup and go until close to
sundown. But the opportunity to bird the canyon lands of the Texas Hill
Country on private ranches is a great experience. A free count down dinner
will follow that evening.

Specific information and details for the day (meeting time, location, etc) will
be sent out if you sign up, but we meet at TNC’s Love Creek Preserve west of
Medina, before daylight.

Please contact Martin Hagne martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx of Rebecca Flack
rflack@xxxxxxx if you are interested in assisting us with the 2015 count,
especially if you’re willing to lead a team! If you know of other qualified
birders who might be interested in serving as a team leader or counter, please
feel free to extend this invitation on to them.

Thanks,
Martin Hagne
Bandera, Tx

Sent from my iPhone