[texbirds] Long-eared Owl, winter sparrows, photos

  • From: Robert Becker <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 20:30:40 -0800 (PST)

I birded Mitchell Lake Audubon Center and Warbler Woods in the San Antonio
yesterday and today. I found the owl at Mitchell Lake this morning just after 8
am. It hadn't been seen lately, so luck was with me. I also found White-crowned
and White-throated sparrows and Verdins nearby. Warbler's Woods yesterday was
full of Harris's and other sparrows. Photo highlights are here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13451078@N03/sets/72157639139047204/

I would appreciate ID help with the sparrows pictured in the last photo of this
set.

Bob Becker
Rancho Viejo