[texbirds] Lost Pines CBC...Barn Owl (YES) local interest

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 22:48:02 -0600

After a very long day, I nailed Barn Owl here at the cabin at 10:13PM so 4
owls with zero miles expended.   But for the checklist/report, I checked
odometer and saw I put 103.7 miles on the truck and I never got beyond 14
miles of my property....I do not know how that is possible but it is what
it is.     Also checked a critter cam and found no new bird species on it
but did get a Bobcat and a crappy photo of the Flying Squirrel.
  A few folks wanted to know about access to the Say's Phoebe...the short
answer is unfortunately no...Photos sent to Nick, but am afraid this is a
touchy property.  The Couch's is on Coon Neck Road...I did not get a GPS
etc. but it is on the east end just west of lower Elgin R. road there is a
gate with large sandstone chunks around it...It was on a phone line just to
the west of there in front of a house with a big Live Oak in the front
yard....Sorry I did not think to take photos. A female Pyrrholuxia is with
White-crowned and Harris's Sparrows near 1714 Lower Elgin River Rd.and can
be viewed from the road....  LeConte's on the RR right of way off VFW Rd.
just south of Elgin off 1704 on the north side of the road.  Had all the
expected sparrows and kin except a dumb Swamp...Hope someone picked that up.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas