[texbirds] LRGV Birds and Farewell

  • From: Corey Lange <coreyjlange@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 21:46:34 -0600

TexBirders,
Good are birds are everywhere in south Texas. Some of the highlights
include:

*Ferruginous Hawk* - Kleberg County
*Painted Redstart *- Falfurrias Rest Stop/Brooks County
*Yellow-bellied Sapsucker *- Falfurrias Rest Stop/Brooks County
*Prairie Warbler* - Old Hidalgo Pumphouse/Hidalgo County
*Broad-winged Hawk (2)* - Sabal Palm/Cameron County
*Golden-crowned Kinglet* - Sabal Palm/Cameron County
*Mottled Duck, Mallard (Northern), and Mallard (Mexican)* - All at Sabal
Palm/Cameron County
*White-throated Thrush* - Estero Llano SP/Hidalgo County
*American Robin (3) *- Estero Llano SP/Hidalgo County

I would also like to add that I have now graduated from graduate school,
and I've accepted a position working on Illinois endangered species in
Springfield, IL. I will now be moving to Illinois on Tuesday, and I would
like to say a big thank you to the Texas Birding Community. Over the last
2.5 years, I've enjoyed the truly astounding bird diversity that Texas has
to offer. I've also learned an incredible amount about bird ID,
distribution, and life history from fellow TexBirders, and I will never
forget that. During my time here I was able to meet a lot of great birders
during my outings, and corresponded with many more over Facebook and email.
While my time left in Texas is very short, it will hopefully not be too
long until I am able make my next visit back to the state.

Good birding,

--
Corey Lange
Graduate Research Assistant