[texbirds] IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD (PEARLAND)

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 19:26:19 -0400 (EDT)

I rode my trike around my neighborhood this afternoon and found the FOS
neighborhood male scissor-tailed flycatcher, a female Cooper's Hawk pursuing a
Blue Jay through the trees, and an American Crow's nest with 3 fledglings
hanging around the nest.  I know that we have local crows in this area, because
I see them year round, but this is the first nest that I have found.

And, yes, there was an Am. Crow on the Cooper's hawk's tail as it was chasing
the Blue Jay. The Jay escaped from the Cooper's Hawk, due in part, at least, to
the loudly calling Crow.

Mira M. Pellerin