[texbirds] Highlights from Clapp Park - Sunday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:25:22 -0600

Greetings All:
I spent two hours at Clapp Park yesterday morning and, while I got nothing
new for the site for 2015 (RK breathes a sigh of relief) the site was
kicking. Highlights amongst the 41 species of bird tallied were 7 Sandhill
Cranes, 3 Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 1 Rock Wren, 1
Hermit Thrush, 1 Gray Catbird, 2 Brown Thrashers, 2 Cedar Waxwings, 2
Orange-crowned Warblers, and 1 Fox Sparrow.

A little later in the day Phillip Kite located an American Bittern in the
reeds lining the western edge of the main playa. Fortunately, as I already
had this species for the park this year (way back in May), I did not have
to scramble:)

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock