[texbirds] Canyon Lakes of Lubbock - Saturday

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 10:19:11 -0600

Greetings All:
I visited four sites along the Canyon Lakes of Lubbock on Saturday,
adhering to my promise to Rich Kostecke to not visit Clapp Park again - in
October.

An hour at Lake Six kicked out the following highlights: 1 Great Egret, 2
Ospreys, 1 Swainson's Hawk, 11 Sandhill Cranes, 2 Marsh Wrens, 6
Orange-crowned Warblers, 1 male Common Yellowthroat, 14 Yellow-rumped
Warblers, 4 Song Sparrows, 7 White-crowned Sparrows, and 1 Dark-eyed Junco.

Almost two hours along the riparian corridor below Lake Six yielded the
following highlights: 1 Snowy Egret, 1 Red-shouldered Hawk, 1 Hermit
Thrush, 2 Orange-crowned Warblers, 5 Yellow-rumped Warblers, 3 Song
Sparrows, 16 White-crowned Sparrows, and 6 Dark-eyed Juncos.

An hour at the Erskine Marsh produced the following highlights: 1 Cackling
Goose, 2 Canada Geese, 7 Western Bluebirds, 2 Son Sparrows, and 27 Pine
Siskins.

Finally, a little over an hour at MacKenzie Park revealed the following
highlights: 6 Gadwalls, 5 Wilson's Snipes, 1 Eastern Phoebe, 2
Yellow-rumped Warblers, and 1 Song Sparrow.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock