[texbirds] Hagerman NWR birding.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 21:37:06 -0500

I went to the refuge this morning because birding has been great there as of
late and I was not disappointed.  I saw 55 species in a three and a half hour
period but the story of the day was 20 shorebird species.  The habitat is
fantastic.  Many of the shorebirds were in vegetation that is flooded and you
need to take your time to pick them out but if you want some great summer
birding this is a good place to go.  The materials they put down on Wildlife
Dr. to control dust have made conditions much better.
Canada Goose  191
Wood Duck  1
Mallard  12
Blue-winged Teal  6