[texbirds] Gudalupe River Delta CBC

  • From: Brent Ortego <brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:37:29 -0600

The Guadalupe River Delta – McFaddin Family Ranches will be held on Thursday,
20 December.

A number of our normal birders have conflicts this year and we are trying to
fill these vacancies along with accessing some new private property.

The Delta is a great place for birders who like to work riparian woodlands.
They have many miles of river, bayou and creek frontage.

For those that are a little more adventurous, many of these waterways are
accessible to kayaks depending on river flow.  With an on-going drought, there
likely will not be much of a current to fight.

The Delta also has sizeable areas of coastal marshes and thorn scrub bordering
the bays to add diversity.

Let me know if you are interested in attending.

Brent Ortego
brentortego@xxxxxxxxxxx
361-576-0022 office
361-827-4691