[texbirds] Great Kiskadee North San Antonio

  • From: Lora Render <lorarend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 16:42:01 -0500

Hi Everyone,
Today I met up with Lora Reynolds in our Rec area for Churchill Estates subd.,
we were going to check out the local RSHA nest and look for GCWA since she had
one today in her Mountain Laurel.   We were probably there 5 minutes when we
heard this call and she said "What's That"!  I was so excited to tell her it
was a Great Kiskadee, she has been wanting to see one and so close to home is
incredible.  She managed to get a recording of the bird calling and I got off a
series of fours shots with branches in the way when it landed on a wire.   I
live a block from the area so I'm hoping it visits my backyard :)
Lora Render  (yes there are two Lora's)
NC San Antonio
Photos can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/texaslorarend/8583071737/in/photostreamEdit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at