[texbirds] Great Blue Heron hunting at night

  • From: Jamie <j.c.fairchild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 00:21:19 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

 I saw a Great Blue Heron hunting at 9:40 PM this evening.  I've lived in
this neighborhood (The Commonwealth in Sugar Land) for 18 years.  We see
herons and egrets fishing in our waterways all the time......during the day.
 I've never seen a Great Blue hunting at night.  He was out in the middle of
the stream, wading with his neck outstretched, looking down into the water.
Anybody else seen this?  Is it more common than I realize??
Jamie