[texbirds] Great Black-backed Gull

  • From: HARRY FORBES <hforbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:28:57 -0800 (PST)

Tried Quintana and Bryan Beach this morning with no success.  Then rode
Surfside
Beach on Follett's Island up toward Galveston.  I found the Gull loafing on the
beach with Herring's and Ringbills as companions about 3 PM, 4.7 miles from
where you get on the beach at Surfside.
Many thanks to Mark Bartosik for really helping me with the location and to
Tripp Davenport for posting yesterday, thus giving me hope for success.

Harry Forbes (San Antonio and Port Alto)