[texbirds] Golden-winged, Swainison's & Blackburnian Warblers Plus Veery - Corpus Christi, Saturday September 21st

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:58:00 -0500

Derek Muschalek and I birded Pollywog Pond, Rosehill Cemetery, Blucher Park
and Live Oak Park (Ingleside) today.  It was cloudy, not hot with a brisk
north wind.  Migrants were plentiful.  We tallied 22 species of warblers.

Redhead 1 - Live Oak Park
Mississippi Kite 36
Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Cooper's Hawk 1
Broad-winged Hawk 10
Solitary Sandpiper 7
Upland Sandpiper 3
Wilson's Snipe 2
Chuck-will's-widow 6
Common Nighthawk 1
Olive-sided Flycatcher 4
Eastern Wood-Pewee 13
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 2
Acadian Flycatcher 2
Willow/Alder Flycatcher 2
Least Flycatcher 1
Great-crested Flycatcher 26
Eastern Kingbird 3
White-eyed Vireo 12
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 26
Purple Martin 4
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 44
VEERY 2
Swainson's Thrush 3
Blue-winged Warbler 1
GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER 1 female (Rosehill)
Tennessee Warbler 1
Nashville Warbler 4
Northern Parula 3
Yellow Warbler 63
Magnolia Warbler 1
YELLOW-RUMPED (MYRTLE) WARBLER 1 HY Female - Live Oak Park - Early
BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER 4
Yellow-throated Warbler 3
Black-and-white Warbler 6
American Redstart 2