[texbirds] Re: Galveston and Texas City this morning

  • From: David McDonald <dkmmdpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 07:29:59 -0600

Hi Texbirders,

Thanks for all the replies and info on this post.

Consensus is a coyote all right, but maybe a hybridized one with some
wolf genes. It was too big for a Red Fox as some suggested.

If you want to look for him, I found him on Sportsman's Road just
after turning left from 8 Mile Road. I normally don't start looking
for things until past the only house on the left side of Sportsman's
Road, but there were several birds in the marsh. I looked at them in
the foreground and then as I looked in the back against the trees, he
was just sitting there as in the first photo. It was about 11am, so
he is out in the daytime.

I am glad that many of you have seen the Clapper rails on Sportsman's
Road. Guess I have been skunked all last year. I used to see them at
least every second or third trip down there.

Raining all day today, so no birding :(

David McDonald
Friendswood TX