[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - South Llano River SP (HOTW 093), Jan 5, 2015

  • From: Pat DeWenter <hoocooks4you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 17:26:47 -0700

On my way home from California I decided to stop at South Llano River SP
near Junction, TX to stretch and see what birds I could find.  I wasn't
expecting a lot of birds with it being early January and fairly cold.  What
a surprise!!  I had never been there before and they have 4 wonderful bird
feeding blinds with one way glass windows, comfortable seating, many
natural looking feeding sites and beautiful water features at each.  Best
of all, great birds as you can see by my ebird checklist.  I will
definitely return!  I can imagine it is wonderful in springtime!
Pat DeWenter
Weslaco