[texbirds] Fwd: eBird Report - Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Jan 4, 2014

  • From: Mark and Joanie Hubinger <mjhubrr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 13:02:04 -0500

Good Morning Texbirders,  We were joined by 7 others for the morning
birdwalk, many looking for Groove-billed Ani, which we did not find...yet!
 A bit windy.  However, it was a beautiful, sunny morning in the refuge.
 Some of our highlights included Gray Hawk, Stilt Sandpiper, and
Clay-colored Thrush.  We'll go out again at 1:00PM for a Nature Walk.  Join
Major & Mary for 8:30AM Birdwalks, Sunday through Tuesday.  We return
Thursday through Saturday for the same.
Mark & Joanie Hubinger
USFWS Volunteers
Santa Ana NWR
Alamo, Texas

Santa Ana NWR (LTC 059), Hidalgo, US-TX
Jan 4, 2014 8:30 AM - 10:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
Comments:     morning birdwalk
55 species

Mottled Duck  2
Blue-winged Teal  X
Northern Shoveler  X
Northern Pintail  4
Green-winged Teal  X
Plain Chachalaca  X
Least Grebe  1
American White Pelican  25
Turkey Vulture  1
Osprey  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Gray Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Black-necked Stilt  12
Greater Yellowlegs  2
Lesser Yellowlegs  4
Stilt Sandpiper  2
Long-billed Dowitcher  15
Mourning Dove  2
Inca Dove  3
Common Ground-Dove  1
White-tipped Dove  1
Green Kingfisher  1     heard at Willow #1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  6
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  2
American Kestrel  1