[texbirds] Fwd: eBird -- Hornsby Bend (HOTE 037) -- Jan 26, 2014

  • From: Mary Ann Melton <mammelton50@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 22:19:47 -0600

I went by Hornsby Bend this afternoon. At first glance I thought I was not
going to find many ducks again. However, after making the rounds I was
pleasantly surprised.

At the west end of Pond One West were green winged teals, a snipe, coots, a few
northern shovelers, least sandpipers, and killdeer.

While Pond Two was not filled with ducks as I remember from other winters there
was a nice raft of Northern Shovelers maybe 75, northern pintails, American
Wigeons, a group of Gadwalls and a single ruddy duck. More species variety than
when I was there a few weeks ago.

I spent a little bit of time watching the birds in the trees around the main
office.

I did not take the trail to the river

Here is my bird list:

> Subject: eBird -- Hornsby Bend (HOTE 037) -- Jan 26, 2014
> mammelton
> Jan 26, 2014
> Hornsby Bend (HOTE 037)
> Traveling
> 3 miles
> 115 Minutes
> Observers: 1
> All birds reported? Yes
> Comments:
> Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.6.2
> 40 Gadwall
> 2 American Wigeon
> 75 Northern Shoveler
> 5 Northern Pintail