[texbirds] Fwd: Nice Hawk Flight at Santa Ana -dark Broad-wing, HB Kite

  • From: Mary Gustafson <live4birds@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:25:49 -0400 (EDT)

A nice flight of Broad-winged and Swainson's Hawks as well as numerous vultures
made me pull into Santa Ana. I was rewarded with an adult dark morph
Broad-winged Hawk and a Hook-billed Kite!  Lots of other migrants raptor and
otherwise and residents including Gray Hawk and Tyrannulet. Things are hopping
at the refuge!

Mary Gustafson
Mission Texas