[texbirds] Fwd: Hepatic Tanager at Lost Maples 9-14-14

  • From: Martin Hagne <martinhagne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:33:53 -0500

Looks like the first message was butchered somehow. Trying again.
Richard Redmond and I had a female Hepatic Tanager today at Lost Maples SP. It
was up by campground C. We first heard it, and honestly couldn't recognize the
call. Richard first spotted it and it was only 10-12 feet away with great looks
for 1-2 minutes. That black bill is a giveaway! Possibly a new county record?