[texbirds] Final call for July birding / Marathon / Kaufman

  • From: Heidi Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:50:17 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Park is full of baby birds, southern Brewster County is full of
baby birds, Marathon itself is full of baby birds. Food carry and veg
carry are still in full swing, I suppose the doves are setting up
nests number 3 and 4 by now if they started as soon as we think they
did... still no Cliff Swallows to speak of, but last year we had zero
Yellow-billed Cuckoos and now we're up to a whopping 2 or 3!

Anyway, for the full list, the blog is our primary reporting spot
since the listserv seems to be intermittently fickle:
http://www.bigbendnature.com/2012/07/post-park-1-july-2012.html
(posts further down will have updates on Varied Bunting et al)

And for folks curious about the festival, REGISTRATION ENDS JULY 5!
(or you can cross your fingers and ask politely on the 6th)
http://www.bigbendnature.com/2012/07/gage-birds-butterfly-festival-reminder.html

So the countdown begins: 16 days until Kenn Kaufman has West Texas as
a captive audience! Maybe it's the other way around, but that's ok,
too.

Happy trails,
-h

Heidi Trudell
Marathon, TX

--

Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary
necessities. - Mark Twain