[texbirds] 7-3-12 Hutton's Vireo @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 22:28:03 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

7-3-12 Hutton's Vireo @ Warbler Woods

http://flic.kr/p/cqCzoC

Finally!!, I hadn't seen or heard a Hutton's Vireo since May 27th, when two
were seen carrying nesting material and today, I saw the wonderful large head
and checked and it was a Hutton's!  I grabbed my camera and was shooting
inbetween several branches and got 5 photos when it suddenly left and I looked
and of all times, Don was putting mosquito dunks in the upper pond!  Now, I
wonder if it was a young one.

We just came in at 950 pm--Don was cutting the 2nd field and I went and
observed the birds at the pond.  Was impressed with all the swallows and
martins excited over his cutting.  I enjoyed the Painted Buntings and heard the
Bobwhite.  We went from there to check for nightjars and had 3 Chucks.

We are out each morning and I return later to the Warbler Pond and stay out
until 1130 or so.  It is very comfortable out there!  I had several
appointments today, so sorry for the late posting.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at