[texbirds] Fearsome Roadrunners etc. Utley/Webberville.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:30:46 -0500

platform.......Rec'ed several emails on this.  Why do Caracaras, Turkey
Vultures and especially brave heart crow people back down from a single
smaller cuckoo when it comes to chow.??  But folks replying allow they have
seen all the above species turn aside when Roadrunner wants what they
have...I confess this is a new area of behavior I had never thought about
before.....What gives?.....Might make a decent paper.
  There is still a Swainson's Thrush here, and about 10 mis. south of Elgin
this morning I had a loose flock of 7 Couch's Kingbirds with 2
Scissortails.  Did Webberville Park which were slow, slow , slow but had 1
RB Nuthatch another Couch's and a Wilson's Warbler....Saw some other
birders at the big park but don't know who they were.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist