[texbirds] FOS Lesser Nighthawks

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jgstudio@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 22:38:53 -0400

I've been scanning the evening skies around here for two weeks looking for
nighthawks so it was with some excitement that I saw two float on by this
evening while I was watching my hummingbird feeders. The feeders are getting
hammered by the little buggers! I'm filling the oriole-style feeders twice a
day and there were 21 hummers buzzing about this evening. Female Bullock's
Oriole finally showed up as well so I guess nesting can begin in the nearby
willows. I've had a couple of males around for some time. Sunday I had my FOS
Mississippi Kite hunting near last year's nesting area near my house so things
are settling into breeding season here.

John Groves
El Paso