[texbirds] Eldorado Clay-colored Thrush / Robin - not Wednesday or yesterday

  • From: drbirdie@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 17:41:51 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Texbirders,
I was able to stop in Eldorado on Wednesday May 23, en route back to Austin
after conducting two Breeding Bird Surveys in Brewster County.
Suzanne Johnson (of Eldorado) and I spent a good while looking and listening
for Jay Packer's Clay-colored Thrush between 3:15 and 5:30 p.m. and saw no sign
of it. In fact, we saw no robins of any kind in that part of town. It was
pretty warm (abt 93 degrees) and the wind was blowing strongly from the south.
Suzanne sent me a note last night and said she didn't see it yesterday, either.
So, anyone considering the trek there may want to take this into consideration.
Good birding ya'll,
Byron Stone, Austin