[texbirds] Eastern Towhee Baytown Nature Center

  • From: "Faria, Eric W" <Eric.W.Faria@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:04:04 -0600

Needed one for my life list and there were 3 reported her last Sunday.
Went to the area David had reported last Sunday and spotted at least one male
who was calling.  At one time I thought I heard two in the thicket but only saw
one.

Area is the first trail across from butterfly garden (Cypress pond loop on
map).  Bird was found as the paved road was curving to make the loop back and
there was a covered overlook.  Instead of taking the loop back I continued
straight on the gravel/grass trail and bird was just 25 yards down the trail on
the left.

Eric Faria
Houston, TX