[texbirds] Digiscoping this weekend at Warbler Woods

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:03:05 -0400

Hi all -

If you are intending to come to one of the sessions, here are a few guidelines:

We will not be intending to take prize-winning photos - these sessions are to
help you get all your scopes, cameras, and adapters sorted out, and to give you
hands-on tips for managing the system in the field and shooting tips.

If you have a spotting scope(s) and camera(s), bring EVERYTHING - guaranteed if
you leave a lens or an adapter home, we will need it.  Make sure all your
batteries are fully charged, and that you have spare empty memory cards.

If you do not have either a spotting scope or a camera, that is ok - you can
play with ours.

If you have a camera but no scope, the best types to bring are: almost any
camera that takes interchangeable lenses; most Point & Shoot cameras that have
either a 3x or 4x optical zoom (if the optical zoom is bigger than 6x, it will
not work well); most cell phones with cameras (iPhones work the best).

You can call me for more details, but I am in the field today and it is windy,
so intelligent communication might be hard.

Clay Taylor
401-965-9064
Calallen (Corpus Christi) TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at