[texbirds] Re: Corpus Christi kites - ranged distances

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:26:21 -0400

Ooops.... I omitted the distance to the kite - the farthest I was able to get a
reading was 437 yards!   Viewed naked eye, it was really small as it passed
straight overhead.

I also got a distance to a high Black Vulture - 570 yards.   Viewed naked eye,
it was definitely a dark hawk with soaring-type wings, obviously a vulture or a
dark-morph buteo, but just a small dot.

Clay Taylor
TOS Life Member
Calallen (Corpus Christi), TX