[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, Hagerman NWR

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:51:34 -0500

Dead Woman Pond was alive with bird activity this morning. Birds of special
interest were Summer Tanager, Eastern Wood-Pewee, Pileated Woodpecker, 4
Mississippi Kites.  Out on the lake we observed a flight of 43 Black Terns and
another flight of 30 White-faced Ibis along with 5 Least Terns and 4 Forster's
Terns.  Steedman Marsh and MSU 10 have been flooded and look great for
shorebirds but we only saw a group of Killdeer and 3 Solitary Sandpipers there.
 In the past week we observed Buff-breasted Sandpipers and Upland Sandpipers in
these areas. Blue-winged Teal are starting to arrive.  We saw 3 Loggerhead
Shrikes. We finished the day with 56 species.
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/email?subID=S19579879
Jack Chiles, Texas Master Naturalist and volunteer Hagerman NWR.Edit your
Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at