[texbirds] Corpus Christi - Sunday, March 16th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 19:12:17 -0500

I birded Blucher Park, Rosehill Cemetery, Packery Channel (very briefly due
to the insane spring break traffic) and Pollywog Pond.  I was joined by Mel
Cooksey at Rosehill Cemetery.  We birded the cemetery and then Blucher Park
(I had birded it earlier - it was worth the 2nd visit).

Birds of Note:
Eastern Whip-poor-will 1 (seen - not heard!) - Blucher Park
Downy Woodpecker 1 female - Pollywog Pond
Eastern Phoebe 2
Great-crested Flycatcher 1 - Blucher Park
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 1
White-eyed Vireo 2
Tree Swallow 2
N. Rough-winged Swallow 10
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 12
Hermit Thrush 1
Louisiana Waterthrush 2
Black-and-white Warbler 8
Orange-crowned Warbler 11
Nashville Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 1
Northern Parula 1
PALM WARBLER 1 - Pollywog Pond
Yellow-rumped Warbler 24
Brown Thrasher 1
Field Sparrow 1 - Blucher Park

On the way back home I stopped at the May Feed Lot east of I-37 on the Live
Oak - Atascosa County Line.  I observed no geese.  They have headed north.
I did have:

130 Sandhill Crane
1 Bronzed Cowbird - male

Willie Sekula