[texbirds] Lesser Black-backed Gull at Lake Tawakoni, yesterday.

  • From: Kathy Ghrist <dkghrist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 21:30:14 -0500

I enjoyed our Tyler Audubon Society birding trip yesterday morning, on
Saturday to Lake Tawakoni & thought I'd share a few of our photos.  Peter
Barnes already gave the details of our trip.  Our bird of the day was this
rarity the Lesser Black-backed Gull at the Holiday Marina. We also had
close up views of many Common Lunes some in breeding plumage.  On our way
home to Tyler while still in Van Zandt on County Road 3504 we saw two more
delightful species, the Black-Bellied Whistling Duck & the Crested Caracara
holding a rabbit.
Doug Ghrist
903 372 9195
dkghrist@xxxxxxxxx