[texbirds] Re: Considering a TEXBIRDS rule change, your feedback is wanted

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mbwomer@xxxxxxxxx" <mbwomer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 17:25:15 -0500

Hi all -

As only a six-year resident of TX, and coming from a state that had 9 counties
and ~140 towns, I still have a TERRIBLE time with TX geography.   Any and all
posts that give references to city, county, and general TX region (the TPWD
maps are great for me to visualize) are a great help.

Plus, there are a LOT of out-of-state lurkers that monitor this list, so they
are likely to be as clueless as I.

That said, I agree that you personally should have better things to do than
hound address non-posters.  I also agree that we TexBirders can politely pepper
said "offender" with town and region requests.  After the 4th or 5th time
answering such a barrage of requests, they should get the hang of it fairly
quickly.

I will now change my sign-off to:

Clay Taylor
Calallen (Corpus Christi) TX