[texbirds] Re: Common Merganser present at Eldridge Retention Basin at 0700 Sunday

  • From: John Tharp <jlt290@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ron Weeks <ronweeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 09:43:56 -0600

Got to the location around 8 or 830AM this morning and was promptly
informed by one of the birders already there that the bird had taken flight
to the north about 10 or 15 minutes prior and hadn't been seen since.
That's all the info I have at this point but figured I'd pass that along
for others that might be heading that way. Any further updates would be
appreciated. Might be worth checking nearby ponds/wetlands.
John Tharp
Houston, TX