[texbirds] Common Crane, Baileyboro Lake

  • From: Justin Bosler <justin.bosler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 22:06:53 -0600

Hello all,
I received an email from John Whittle informing me that he had observed the
Common Crane on the east bank of Baileyboro Lake between 3:40 and 5:40 PM
yesterday afternoon, 13 February. Although it's quite a distance, you can
scope Baileyboro Lake from CR123. Afternoon lighting is best (when the
cranes are there) in combination with a little cloud cover to help cut down
on the heat shimmer and glare. Please, do not trespass on the private land
surrounding the lake.

Good birding,
Justin
Muleshoe NWR