[texbirds] Re: Clay-colored Thrush in Jim Wells County

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 08:38:53 -0500

I would be interested also, as I try to document the continuing spread of
Clay-colored Thrushes in Texas!
Best regards,
Tim

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 8:11 AM, David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You know, those Clay-colored Thrush are actually pretty significant,
They might even be a first county record., I bet Jim Peterson would
love a photo if you got one.
--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 9:52 PM, <jkestner@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Speaking of cuckoos, about a week ago I stopped by Lake Findley in Alice
to see what was up. On the entrance road, there were three Groove-billed
Anis and a Roadrunner having a clucking contest. I also heard an ani call
that I hadn't heard before, kind of a high whistle they gave as they called
across the road to each other. Maybe a young one calling his parent?

Also of note, a pair of Clay-colored Thrushes trying to intimidate a
squirrel, Lark Sparrow foraging under a tree, Northern Bob White calling -
and seen - and Northern Mockingbirds to beat the band.

Judy Kestner
Corpus Christi