[texbirds] Re: Chuck-will's-widow Bastrop and RFI

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "micraygoe@xxxxxxxxx" <micraygoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 14:51:49 -0600

I have no explanation...It is indeed very early.  I usually hear
Whip-poor-wills a good 8-10 days before I hear my first Chuck around here.
I assume you do not confuse the two or with even a Paraque of which we have
records and could over-winter?.   At least here in Utley the various
nightjars are always more vocal in the evenings than in the early
morning...At least when I get out in time before daylight.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/