[texbirds] Cave Swallows

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:43:46 -0600

Have been out burning logs and brush most of the day...Several times flocks
of Cave Swallows have come to twitter overhead.  I do not know if it is the
same flock or different ones moving thru..I see early buds forming on Elbow
Bush in places, the first bluet, Spiderwort coming up like crazy, the
amphibians are starting up in earnest.   Saw that there is a colony owner
in Liberty Hill that had his first Martin yesterday.  Nuthatch city here
addicted to the sunflower seed.  Chickadees checking out the nest
box...Spring!
--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist