[texbirds] Cameron Co: San Benito - 17 Sept 2013

  • From: Michael Marsden <valleybirders@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 15:13:07 -0500

At the eastern end of Resaca Shores Boulevard in San Benito is a small
wooded area (eBird name - Resaca Shores thicket) that seems fairly
attractive to migrants.  Among those present this morning were:
  Eastern Wood-Pewee (4)
  Red-eyed Vireo (9)
  Blue-winged Warbler
  Tennessee Warbler
  Northern Parula (2)
  Magnolia Warbler (2)
  Black-and-white Warbler (4)
  Worm-eating Warbler
  Hooded Warbler
  Yellow-breasted Chat &
  Summer Tanager (2).
Other birds Donna and I came across in San Benito this morning included a
Barn Owl roosting in our yard on Resaca Shores, Yellow-throated Vireo &
Blackburnian Warbler at Mont Meta Cemetery & 7 Upland Sandpipers on the
plowed field adjoining the San Benito wetlands.  There were, by the way,
lots of Common Gallinules at the wetlands but no Purples.

Yesterday morning there were also Prothonotary & Nashville Warblers in the
thicket and we had a 1st fall female Chestnut-sided Warbler in the yard.

Michael Marsden
956-276-4409
San Benito, TX